Official website of City of Scalea (Calabria, Italy) in English

News

25 may 2024
Summer festival in Scalea

Summer festival will take place on the streets of Scalea 31/05–01/06. Free entrance.

more...

5 may 2024
Motoraduno in Scalea

Motoraduno — the Biker’s festival coming to Scalea in May!

more...

14 feb 2024
HAPPY VALENTINE'S!

Wish wish a lots of Love to all site visitors!

more...

24 dec 2023
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to holiday home owners and those who just visiting our fantastic City of Scalea!

more...

10 feb 2023
Street carnival

Carnival will take place in Scalea 14–16 February 2023

more...

NEW: SCALEA FORUM (in English)
Goto Thread: Previous • Next
Goto: New Topic • Search • Log In • Register
[Forum List] / PROPERTY (REAL ESTATE) IN AND AROUND SCALEA

Goto Page:  Previous 1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Freehold or leasehold?

Re: FREEHOLD OR LEASEHOLD
Posted by: Lisa (IP Logged)
Date: May 07, 2020 01:00PM

den wrote:
Lisa wrote:

Well, it depends on what do you want. If you want cheap property for about 30 years (I think its a max. term of leasehold in Italy), then leasehold is for you. If 30 years is not enough
and you are
hoping to live longer haha, then freehold is probably would be a better option. Pros of freehold — you don’t pay service charge/ground rent usually associated with owning a lease (usually is about
eur per month). Cons — way higher price. There are not much leasehold properties are on offer by the way, you’ll be lucky to find one.
Thank you for the advice!
I’ve checked prices
online, and leasehold sounds very attractive and profitable for making money from renting it out.
I will buy few leasehold apartments, instead of buying only one freehold flat.
You are welcome, I went for leasehold because I’m already on pension and do not see the reason to spend huge amount of money for freehold if I can get better located apartment for fraction of the price. I’m OK with 30 years lease, if I’m lucky and need more very happy I will extend.

Goto Page:  Previous 1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Goto: Forum List • Message List • Search • Log In • Register
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Scalea | Where we are | WebTV and PHOTO | Property | Shopping | Sightseeings | Contacts | Forum